Welcome to our section about the former BBC Television Theatre
The building, currently known as the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire was built in 1903 as a music hall. It was purchased by the BBC in 1953 and converted to a television theatre. The studio would be the home of much of the corprations light entertainment programmes In 1985 it would become home to the chatshow Wogan which was broadcast Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from there.
The BBC left the site in 1991 and now is a venue for live music
BBC TV THEATRE - 1970s
The BBC Television Theatre in the 1970s
BBC Television Theatre